Makes an unpleasant part of your horse’s care infinitely easier.
Equiderma Sheath, Udder & Genital Cleanser cuts through built up grime and smegma like a hot knife through butter. It also reduces inflammation and provides antioxidant benefits to help soothe delicate tissue.
- A custom conglomeration of all natural ingredients break down the oils and buildup that cause issues and discomfort in your horse’s sensitive areas.
- Wet your horse’s sheath well and lubricate your hand with the Equiderma Sheath Cleanser before you start. Use a hose, without the spray attachment, and set to warm. (If you’re lucky enough to have gotten your horse to drop his penis, a cold blast of water will send it packing.) If your horse hasn’t dropped, you’ve only been cleaning the inside of the first sheath chamber. You’ll have to go deeper. In this case, you’ll need to go in up to your elbow, so be sure you’re not wearing your Sunday best. This is a messy business.
- There is a second inner chamber with a small opening about an inch wide. Beyond this is where the penis goes when it fully retracts. This may seem daunting, but you can do it. While watching your horse’s reaction, gently reach inside and massage your fingers back and forth around the sides of the penis and chamber wall. Carefully, slide off any smegma you find there. Use more water and more cleanser as necessary.
- If your horse is especially dirty, apply sheath cleanser and leave it on for a few minutes. Smegma can adhere like “super glue.” If you try to pull it off right away, it can be painful for your horse. Let the cleanser do its job and begin to melt the smegma. Continue this process until the skin feels smooth and clean. Insert your hose deep into the second sheath chamber. Jostle and rinse thoroughly until water runs clear.
- Check for a “bean.” Gently push back the top of the penis. You’ll see or feel the bean. If it isn’t too large, it will slide out with a little help. If it is large, you’ll have to get your finger behind it and slide it out with your thumb and forefinger. Remember to rinse thoroughly after this step. Checking for a bean is essential. They can grow very large as seen in the photo below and cause great pain.
Neem Leaf Tea, Neem Seed Oil, Arnica, Chamomile, Basil, Pine Bark, Cherry Bark
*Because the majority of our ingredients come from natural and organic sources, you may see variations in color over time and with each batch that we hand-craft. The quality and efficacy of the product is in no way affected by these natural cosmetic differences.
If you are unhappy with your order, we want to know! We put our products to the test in our barns and on our horses and confidently back them with our guarantee.
If you are not completely happy with your order, let us know within 30 days of purchase, and we will refund your order amount once we have received the returned product. Please email your order and return request details to email@example.com to initiate the return process. We would also appreciate if you could tell us why you aren’t happy with the product and what issue you and your horse are experiencing.
For purchases made through other retailers, please contact the store of purchase to initiate their return process.