Makes an unpleasant part of your horse’s care infinitely easier.
Equiderma Sheath, Udder & Genital Cleanser cuts through built up grime and smegma like a hot knife through butter. It also reduces inflammation and provides antioxidant benefits to help soothe delicate tissue.
- A custom conglomeration of all natural ingredients break down the oils and buildup that cause issues and discomfort in your horse’s sensitive areas.
- Wet your horse’s sheath well and lubricate your hand with the Equiderma Sheath Cleanser before you start. Use a hose, without the spray attachment, and set to warm. (If you’re lucky enough to have gotten your horse to drop his penis, a cold blast of water will send it packing.) If your horse hasn’t dropped, you’ve only been cleaning the inside of the first sheath chamber. You’ll have to go deeper. In this case, you’ll need to go in up to your elbow, so be sure you’re not wearing your Sunday best. This is a messy business.
- There is a second inner chamber with a small opening about an inch wide. Beyond this is where the penis goes when it fully retracts. This may seem daunting, but you can do it. While watching your horse’s reaction, gently reach inside and massage your fingers back and forth around the sides of the penis and chamber wall. Carefully, slide off any smegma you find there. Use more water and more cleanser as necessary.
- If your horse is especially dirty, apply sheath cleanser and leave it on for a few minutes. Smegma can adhere like “super glue.” If you try to pull it off right away, it can be painful for your horse. Let the cleanser do its job and begin to melt the smegma. Continue this process until the skin feels smooth and clean. Insert your hose deep into the second sheath chamber. Jostle and rinse thoroughly until water runs clear.
- Check for a “bean.” Gently push back the top of the penis. You’ll see or feel the bean. If it isn’t too large, it will slide out with a little help. If it is large, you’ll have to get your finger behind it and slide it out with your thumb and forefinger. Remember to rinse thoroughly after this step. Checking for a bean is essential. They can grow very large as seen in the photo below and cause great pain.
Neem Leaf Tea, Neem Seed Oil, Arnica, Chamomile, Basil, Pine Bark, Cherry Bark
If you are unhappy with your order, we want to know! We put our products to the test in our barns and on our horses and back them with our 100% happiness guarantee. If anything fails to meet your expectations in any way, just let us know and we will refund your money right away. No hassle, no hoops, no kidding. Please call (800) 573-1020 to process returns.